Skills and experience.
PREDICTING THE FUTURE TODAY.
Having studied financial mathematics (Bsc.) at University of Ljubljana and Quantitative finance on Tilburg university (Msc.), my skills are mainly IT and mathematics. I also had an exchange year at Humboldt Universtiy.
- UMTR trade group LTD. Period: July 2020-today.
Implemented a machine learning models to predict customer behavior. This helped assess marketing campaings better and faster and therfore optimize marketing spend.
- Implemented a machine learning models to predict customer behavior. This helped assess marketing campaings better and faster and therefore optimize marketing spend.
- Set up the model that predicts the success of specific marketing campaing with 80%+ efficiency.
- Reduced the company’s ad spend by 40% due to integration of data-driven approach to the marketing.
- Set up a system that allowed the company to execute data-driven decisions in their online shop department.
- SingularityNET. Period: September 2017-June 2020.
- Created a stochastic financial model, which quantified risks for investors prior to successful fund raising.
- Developed of reputation system called liquid rank reputation system for online marketplaces. A system helps recommending products and minimizes fraud.
- Made a research exploring cause and effect relations in climate niche.
- Zalando SE. Tamara-Danz-Straße 1, 10243 Berlin, Germany. Period: July 2016 - Februar 2018.
- Performed statistical analysis using different regression and time series model which then drove data-driven decisions regarding ad expenditure.
- Helping with analytical data and reports, analysis and forecasting to support SEO, SEM, affiliate, gift voucher and other decisions.
- Forecasted and estimated ad performance using statistical and machine learning algorithms.
- Made the model which optimized and helped automize ad spend.
- CGI research, period: September 2018 - February 2019
- Set up a trading algorithm in cryptocurrency niche.
- Novamente llc,
- Actuarial practice at Triglav d.d. Miklošičeva cesta 19, 1000 Ljubljana. Period: September 2013.
- Basic actuarial tasks, examination of new program code, examination of online insurances and examining competitiveness.
- Head of human resources AEGEE - non profit. Oct 2013 - Oct 2014.
- Was in the board of Aegee Ljubljana 2013-2014. My role: Human resources. We organised several events in Ljubljana and other Slovenian towns and summer university in cooperation with Aegee Udine.
- Foreman assistant in Cestno gradbeno podjetje Novo mesto (CGP) (construction company). Period: June and July 2009 and July, August 2010.
- Assistance at accounting, quotation creation, terrain work and others.
List of my skills: Mathematics, SEO, econometrics, statistic, programming.
Statistical models: random forests, probit, logit, decision and regression trees, ARIMA, ARCH models, multilayer perceptron, causality detection and measurement, etc.
Computer skills: Basic program work (Office (including products such as PowerBI, Pivot tables, etc.), basics of HTML, LateX,…) and programming (in AutoIT (self-learned), Python, R, SQL and Matlab). Also Microstrategy, Business objects, Tableau.
- Bsc. in financial mathematics at University of Ljubljana (math faculty). Time period: 1st October 2012 - 8th September 2014.
- Msc. in Quantitative finance at Tilburg University (located in the Netherlands). Time period: 1st September 2014 - May 2016.
- Exchange student, Humboldt University (Berlin). Time period: 1st October 2015-31st March 2016.
- Worked in Zalando 1 year 8 months. Worked on statistical data driven models to optimize marketing performance of a company. The goal was to optimize spending and get as many profitable customers as possible. Moreover, trying to quantify the exact effect of different marketing campaigns. Programming languages used: R, Python, SQL.
- SingularityNET: Built a stochastic model to predict possible future movements of cryptocurrency prices; used for risk management and decision steering. Programmed in Python.
- Causality detection: Determining causality in neuroscientific research; did EEG wave scans react to given signal? Programmed in R.
- Building fantasy basketball tool which forecasts most likely amount of statistics per player based on their past performance. Data was scraped from nba.com using APIs. Programmed in Python.
- Make a model to forecast future electricity prices based on past data. Time series analysis and forecast done in R.
- Writing a critical review of different statistical methods chosen in scientific paper (mainly what could be improved to make conclusions stronger).
- Writing a code to track cryptocurrencies in Matlab together with different crypto index choices. And then translating this code into R.
- Made a predictive model to predict companies' chance of going laying off people based on past layoffs, stock price movements, etc. to get an early automated signal. Done in R.
- Replicating a scientific study which calculates market premium using Ross recovery theorem (get's current state prices from real world option data). Done in Matlab.
- Made a script connecting BigQuery and Adwords to get some data engineering tasks done that. Using APIs and Python.
- Created predictive model to forecast future sales based on past data, seasonality and marketing efforts. Using Python.
- Simulating the burning forest given the wind directions, forest distribution, etc. Programmed in R.
- Creating R shiny application that determines the success of an add on SEA based on content written in description, headlines, path taken, etc.
- Teaching R (basics and some statistical approaches) 40+ people.